Friday, 9 May 2008

Garden Update

Just in case anyone is under the impression I never have any problems in my little garden... I present evidence to the contrary!



I think a little slug got into the cold frame. One day there were happy sweetpea seedlings, the next day .. there weren't!! (Its OK, I had a couple more which I rescued in time.

Otherwise, everything in the garden is doing well, as far as I can tell. I really like the variegated apple mint foliage, the chives are just opening and the herbs are generally verdant.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the apple mint foliage, havn't seen that one before. My chives have just opened and I have got comfrey coming up everywhere.
Good thinking having the reserve sweet peas....no garden is complete without sweet peas. Have a fun weekend.
Look out for the Hawthorn blooms turning pink in the next couple of weeks....its a joy.

Dave Coulter said...

Slugfest in the garden, eh? :)

Nutty Knitter said...

That's gonna be ONE HAPPY slug out there somewhere!

I'm glad you salvaged some, hedgewitch.

Rose said...

Sorry about your sweetpeas, but good thing you had some in reserve. My experiments with seedlings (all flowers)did not go well this year, but I hope to have learned from my mistakes. That's the great thing about gardening--you can always try to do better next time!

Hedgewitch said...

I love the chive flowers, cheryl, I bet you do too.. I make sure to have plenty of plants so I can use some and let some flower :-)

Looking forward to seeing the Hawthorn blush!

hi dave, hi nutty! yes, I think my sweetpeas made some slug's day .. I suppose one has to expect the odd casualty along the way?

sorry about the seedlings, Rose! I've only got into growing from seed the last few years .. each year is a little more successful, but plenty of learning along the way, lol!! I agree.. gardening is great cos there's always next year :-)