Monday, 5 May 2008

Bean Update

Time for a little bean update, I thought .. they are looking so pretty right now that I just had to show you! For anyone just joining in the fun, here is the story so far:

Beans Unfurling

Beans Mean Business

Reaching for the Sky

They are planted out now, I staked them and have created a little wind-break round them to try and give them a chance to get used to the elements gradually. Am like a very nervous parent, constantly popping up to check on them!



The flowers are SO pretty, they make my heart glad to see them. People wonder why I only grow veg and herbs, rather than ornamental plants. I like my plants to be useful. And I find the flowers and blossoms and shapes and colours and textures are so varied and exciting and wonderful that I don't need anything else!

4 comments:

Helen said...

What pretty plants! They look like they are off to a healthy start!

Cheryl said...

They are exquisite Hedgewitch, such pretty little flowers and very healthy.

Rose said...

You are right--they are very pretty! I grow a different variety of beans; I guess they're called "bush beans." When they blossom I'm excited because I know it means we will have fresh green beans soon, but I never appreciated the little blooms before. I'll have to take a closer look this year.

Hedgewitch said...

welcome helen! I really enjoyed reading your post today.. thanks for dropping by :-)

Thank you, cheryl.. I hope they stay healthy and don't get too battered up on the roof!

hello rose! I love the little blooms because they're so delicate.. I wish you success with your beans this year, hope you'll post and show us?