Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Abel and Cole

I love opening my organic fruit and veg box each week and seeing what treasures are inside ....



.... and the website has lots of helpful recipes for what to do with various vegetables (click title to visit).

I would like to go to a local farm shop ... but there aren't any in London! Have just found out about a new farmers' market not too far from me, though, that I might try out this weekend... UK farmers' markets

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Hedgewitch....I have a fab box scheme here. All the produce comes from Kent and is seasonal. This particular farm that has started the scheme has joined with other farmers....so long term the farmers will get more money for the produce. Some of it is organic, the rest no sprays are used. I have been receiving it for around two months now and absolutely love it.

fiona said...

Oh, that sounds perfect .. you get to support your local farmers and nice healthy produce, too!

I'm always raving about my box because once you've tried it the quality is so much better than shop stuff and it encourages me to cook and try different things. I'm glad you're a fellow convert :-)

Also, it really cuts down on packaging .. I get really indignant about how fruit and veg (even organic) comes wrapped in cellophane and plastic everywhere.