Saturday, 26 April 2008

Tree Tribute

There have been some wonderful tree posts lately on the blogs that I visit and I really wanted to pull them together for everyone to share .... and then I found out that it was just 'Arbor Day', what more fitting time to do so!

First up is my favourite ever tree post by Cheryl (aka wonderwoman) at My Wildlife Sanctuary. She is talking with great empathy, wisdom and reverence about a friend of hers, who happens to be a tree.. I found it a very moving experience.

Another tree tribute I love is by an etsy friend of mine who blogs at What Does the Golden Mean? She visited some very ancient trees, and her words and pictures convey their powerful presence and the feelings this invoked.

I was captivated by Mark's collage of buds at The Greenfingered Photographer .. an inspiring image, full of hope and promise. How satisfying to have planted these trees and then see them come to life like this!

There are so many more I could include, maybe I'll do a monthly tree tribute post? Show me your links, if you've written or read a good post lately.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thank you for mentioning my special tree, that is so kind of you. It is a lovely post and one that is dear to my heart.
Come and see my lovely ENGLISH ladybird!!!!

Dave Coulter said...

All three posts were just great. Thank you for assembling them!

fiona said...

you're very welcome, cheryl.. its a fantastic post :-)

hi dave, so glad you liked them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hedge!
That's really sweet of you . What a compliment. I love your blog with all it's musings on nature.

Unknown said...

I don't know how I chose 'anonymous' there - sorry - it's me, Morgen (Inky)

fiona said...

hi Inky!

I just loved your your post and had to share it.. so glad you like the blog :-)