They are the ones I picked up from the North London Organic Gardeners' Society stall last week .. all I know is that they're heritage varieties.
Not a great picture, I'm afraid (best I could do on my phone camera today!).. I will take more photos as they grow .. will be fun to see what they turn into!
8 comments:
Can't help you there Hedgewitch, but how exciting to see what comes up.
The dark brown ones look a bit like the traditional Dutch Capucjiners - purple podded peas. I can't be sure that's what they are, but the seeds do look like that. The chestnut brown ones may also possibly be a purple variety. The others I wouldn't like to guess, but I'll be intrigued to see what the ones with purple speckles turn into!
I may be able to recognise them when they've grown a bit.
Thank you so much for the beautiful earth pendant you sent me, it's a very lovely gift.
Not a clue! But how fun to watch them grow.
hi cheryl, hi beckie.. I'll keep you posted!
many thanks for your help, rebsie :-) I'll be sure to show you some pictures when they've taken off
so glad you liked the pendant.. it seemed right that you should have it somehow!
A mystery to me, but DON'T go climbing up any magic beanstalks, OK? :)
I know nothing about peas, except how to mind them (minding your 's and q's) still you look like you are having fun growing things fromseeds, be interesting to see how different they are once they start to sprout!
OK, dave, lol!
hi there, jo .. the first one's through the soil now, fingers crossed for the rest :-)
Even though they look small, I think they are beans not peas (some beans are called peas due to their size and shape)...But I can't help you further.
Post a Comment