Thursday, 14 February 2008

Seedlings

Warms the heart, doesn't it?


6 comments:

BrighidsForge said...

Wow, hedge! Are these the ones you JUST planted? Very cool - !

You may just inspire me to start the yard work I NEED to do: trim the podocarpus and hibicus (and that funky azalea) and transplant some of the large philodendrums (we're talking BIG) closer to the fence, so you can actually walk around the pool enclosure - instead of through the philodendrums.

Love the way you talk about nature.

fiona said...

Thanks, Silver!

Guess a good thing about having limited space and growing in containers is not so much of the big chores.

Your garden sounds fab, I especially love hibiscus .. hope you get a bit of sunshine so you can enjoy getting out there :-)

Heather Hughes said...

Yes it does, hedgewitch. I remember the first seed I dropped in the earth as an adult. When I saw that sprout lift his head, my whole perspective changed. I was like a child, totally amazed to see something emerge from our Mother.

fiona said...

that moment never loses its magic, does it, Tangled!

madhat said...

I love those little seedlings.
Reminds me of the new season emerging and of everlasting hope. :o)

Although I don't believe nature itself to be divine, I feel strongly that we should respect this Earth we live on, should cherish life itself, and live in harmony with nature.

fiona said...

yep, hope springs eternal and all that, nutty!

so glad you feel that way .. couldn't have put it better myself :-)