I've been finding out about this week's total lunar eclipse, and thought I'd share the info in plenty of time in case anyone else is interested (click on the post title for proper accurate scientific info).
Its on the night of Wed 20th / Thu 21st, depending where you are - the timings for the UK give the period of totality lasting about 50 mins between 3 and 4am on Thursday.
The Full Moon should turn blood red, although I think the colour can vary with atmospheric conditions and could be anything from yellow or orange through to dark brown.
Should be a wonderful natural spectacle, if the skies are clear!
4 comments:
Looking forward to it!
hi there, diva
you have a beautiful blog.. really atmospheric :-)
does the eclipse happen at a more civilised time where you are? hope skies are clear so you can enjoy it!
I just heard about this today. Don't think I will be up at 3 in the morning though :( Don't know many people that will be
(sorry if you get this twice, blogger is giving me problems)
no, 3 in the morning does require a certain amount of dedication ... its neither staying up a bit late or getting up a bit early .. its a whole other thing entirely!
Post a Comment