
I hadn't been overly optimistic about any butterflies sitting still long enough for me to get a halfway decent photograph, but while I was out gardening recently this Holly Blue came and sat very obliging in a puddle for around 10 minutes.. so here is our first record of the season.

I was really thrilled to get close enough for long enough to see the banded antennae and legs and the body was a really fluffy powder-blue .. beautiful!
It kept fluttering around and then coming back for another long sit on the wet paving where I'd been watering in some plants. I wondered whether it was attracted by the wet or by the bit of blue plastic nearby which was exactly the same colour ... see second photo?
2 comments:
Hi
I found your blog posts really interesting and was wondering if you be interested in joining glipho? its a social publishing engine designed for bloggers/writers to further promote their blog posts.Sounds interesting? If yes then you can visit http://glipho.com/ and sign up.
You can also connect your social networking websites profiles to glipho and directly import blog posts from your original blog posts.
Happy writing
Neha
Hello. I love the little Holly Blue. I'm not far from you, so I'll be interested to read about the different butterflies you see.
Post a Comment