Thursday, 10 July 2008

Green Metropolis

Apologies for my absence over the last week or two and for not being able to respond to comments as usual .. I'm hoping to be back to something approaching usual service soon!

Meanwhile, I thought others out there might be interested in Green Metropolis, which is a site I just started using for recycling my vast collection of paperbacks. Basically, you list your available paperbacks as available and if someone wants to buy one then they pay Green Metropolis £3.75. Of this, £3 goes to the seller (who then posts the book on to the customer) and a donation is made to the Woodland Trust. Sellers have the option of donating any money they make to the Trust as well, which is what I intend to do. Its a great way to buy paperbacks, too, because a new one is £6.99 or £7.99 in the shops so you can get a used one in excellent condition for half the price and save some trees!



I've been listing my first batch of books this week and found the site very easy to use - quick and helpful and efficient - you just type in an ISBN and the database does everything else for you. So if it sounds like it might be of interest, I'd recommend popping on over and having a look.

7 comments:

naturewitch said...

Hi Hedgewitch, good to see you back online. Hope all is well with you. xx

Claire said...

just to let you know i've nominated you for a brilliant blog award :o)

Dagny said...

That's a great service. Got my wheels turning about starting something similar in the US, maybe where a percentage of what the buyer pays goes to planting a tree.

Dagny
www.onnotextiles.com
bamboo and organic clothing

Hedgewitch said...

Hi everyone,

Many thanks for your comments .. and thank you Very much, Claire, for my first blog award!

I hope to follow the instructions and put it up on display very soon :-)

Claire said...

you're most welcome!! i learn so much every time i stop by :o)

Cheryl said...

Are you ok hedgewitch....I am getting very concerned about you....you have not posted for three weeks....I hope you are just having fun and havn't got time for blogging.....

Q said...

Dear Hedgewitch,
Sending blessings!
Hugs,
Sherry